Reflecting on my tutor report from Part 1, particular points I need to work on are:
- explaining my thought processes more clearly in my sketchbook
- clearer writing in my sketchbook
- better presentation of prints
- cleaner working
- better registration
- better labelling and collating.
I have resolved to:
- expand my sketchbook not to just be my thinking space but also to include elements of learning log
- I need to make my sketchbook more legible. I have decided not to type out and print notes in my sketchbook, as suggested by my tutor, as I think this would inhibit my process. Instead, I will write using a yellow bic biro with which my writing is clearest. I know this is a problem area as I am dyslexic with poor handwriting and sometimes miss letters out or jumble them up
- experiment with various registration techniques
- present my work in a sleeved folder with typed labels
- wear gloves for working and take them off for paper handling
- keep my working area clean.
I started work on Part 2 a considerable time before my sketchbook was returned, so was unable to implement some of this immediately.
My objective for Part 2 is to submit high quality, clean, well registered prints and work in a form more accessible to my tutor. I am concerned about suitable achieving a balance and overlap between my sketchbook and learning log.